John Butler, M.Ed., CFRE is President & CEO of The Human Resource Learning Center, Inc.
Human Resource Learning Center, Inc. (HRLC) is a management consulting firm specializing in developing organizational solutions that address both staff and system requirements, John has led numerous efforts where he has designed and facilitated needs assessments and organizational development including staff interventions, work process improvements, executive coaching, Teaming, and leadership and management training.
Over the past 20 years, through John’s creative work, HRLC has served both federal sector and nonprofit clients. In addition to John’s role with his company, he has remained actively involved in the Washington region, serving on numerous boards and councils including a mayoral appointment to the Workforce Investment Council in Washington, D.C.; Leadership Greater Washington, where he served as chair of the board of directors; the Greater Washington Board of Trade, the District of Columbia Chamber of Commerce; the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts Community Advisory Committee; the Center City Consortium of Catholic Elementary Schools; and Mount St. Mary’s University Board of Trustees.
John holds a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from St. Michael’s College, a Master’s of Education, Guidance, and Counseling from Howard University, and has completed Masters Studies in Theology course work at the Washington Theological Union. Additionally, he holds a Certificate for Group Work and Group Psychotherapy from the Center for Group Studies, Psychiatric Institute; is certified by Type Resources to administer the Myers Briggs Type Indicator; and is credentialed by CFRE International as a Certified Fundraising Executive.
John’s diverse background benefits clients in several ways. He brings more than twenty years of consulting experience, a practical and integrated approach to organizational and leadership development, and familiarity with psychosocial and interpersonal development. His success as a facilitator and motivational speaker has gained him a national reputation.
SELECT CORPORATE EXPERIENCE
- City of New Orleans, Office of the Mayor Telecommunications Division
- The District of Columbia General Services Administration
- The District of Columbia Washington Convention Center Authority
- C. Department of Human Services
- The National Mentoring Partnership
- Joseph Medical Center Foundation
- Progressive Life Center
- Aspen of DC
- Hospice Care of DC
- Communities In Schools, Inc.
- Precis Corporation
- KPMG Peat Marwick
- HBA, Inc.
- National Archives and Records Administration
- S. Department of Agriculture
- S. Department of Commerce
- S. Customs Service; Federal Aviation Administration;
- Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
- S. General Services Administration
- S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
- S. Department of the Interior
- Commonwealth of Virginia Department of Health
- Commonwealth of Virginia Department of Social Services;
- Commonwealth of Virginia Department of Mental Health, Mental Retardation and Substance Abuse Services
Web | Phone: (301) 466-1867