FINANCIAL SERVICES – INVESTMENTS
Financial Advisor and Wealth Guru Shirley Luu has been in the finance industry for nearly 20 years.
Ms. Luu is a highly successful financial advisor, active leader, and trainer – serving as an Executive Field Chairman for First Financial Security. In fact, earlier this year she was honored by FFS with the prestigious “2015 MVP Award.”
As a speaker, author, and trainer on financial literacy and education, Shirley is also dedicated to informing, educating, and empowering individuals and business owners on the most powerful ways to prepare and save for retirement.
As a widowed mother of 3, Shirley also recognizes the unique challenges that exist for woman and as a result has been active in empowering woman to “know their money” through various educational and enrichment programs – including the LiSA Initiative.
Shirley Luu sits on the Executive Board of the Tysons Regional Chamber of Commerce, is a proud sponsor and speaker for the George Mason University Entrepreneurs and Finance Club and is a trainer and speaker for the local SBA (Small Business Administration). She is also currently preparing new initiatives with Microsoft in an effort to bring technologies and finance together. Shirley Luu has been recognized for numerous awards and achievements related to her work in the financial field as well as her support for various non- profit and philanthropic causes.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- The Executive Award from Smart CEO Magazine honoring top female CEO’s in the Washington D.C. Area
- The prestigious 2015 “MVP Award from First Financial Security (the #1 Company Award given to most successful agent out of 9000!)
- The 2015 Philanthropist of the Year Award given by V.I.P. Events and recognized by the Attorney General of Ann Arundel County of Maryland
- The 2015 Gold Eagle Producer Award from American Equity representing the top 3% of the 8000 agents
- Nominated and awarded by the Asian American Round Table (AABR) for mortgages and Financial Services of the year award for the Washington DC metro area. Recognized and endorsed with commendation letters from Governor Robert Ehrlich of Maryland, Governor Mark Warner of Virginia, Mayor Anthony Williams from DC, and Congressman John Kerry along with Nydia Velasquez from US House of Representative.
- 2014 Shirley was invited to the White House for recognition for Champions of Change for the ACA/Obama Care.
- 2015 Shirley’s team helped sign up over 5000 clients for ACA/Obama Care thru community outreach programs such as Radio, TV and printed media on educating on Healthcare.
- New Penn Financial granted Shirley the “Pay It Forward” award in recognition for her outstanding community service. They provided money to the charity of her choice, Widows and Orphans of God.
- Shirley and her team donate their time, money and food to families in need through the “Food Share Network Program”. In addition, they work with various churches, temples and the organization Women of GoodWorks to provide clothing and household items through a unique partnership with local retailers.
- Shirley is a proud sponsored and speaker at “George Mason University Entrepreneurs and Finance Club”, providing financial assistance for graduates interested in the Insurance Industry.
- Shirley is a proud sponsor and participate as an advisory board for “Then Sing my Soul” singing performance about raising awareness on domestic violence.
- 2014, in partnership with the Tyson Regional Chamber of Commerce, Shirley and her team developed an idea to create a job expo, whereby local employers and individuals were brought together in an environment that allowed for strong professional connections to be made. As a result, over 3,000 jobs were created.
- Shirley currently sits on Tysons Regional Chambers of commerce as one of the Executive board.
- Shirley is the Diamond sponsors for Pacific Cultural International Beauty Pageant to help young women as their mentor to help define their destiny and become women’s of Excellence for opportunity to enter the financial service industry.
- Shirley is currently preparing new initiatives with Microsoft in an effort to bring technologies and finance together.
- In addition, she is in the process of partnering with the Small Business Administration (SBA) to create workshops that will educate small businesses on their employee benefits needs
- She was featured on the front cover of HERLIFE Magazine.
- She was featured on VIVA Tysons Magazine.
- She was the featured cover story on Enexis Magazine.
- She was also featured in Doc Walker ProView Magazine.
- She has been featured on VNDC Vietnamese Radio.
- She is a speaker on the Alstntec’s Business Men and Women of Color Podcast
7925 Jones Branch Dr #5375
McLean, VA 22102